Thursday, August 18, 2011

8:30 SERVICE SUNDAY, AUGUST 21 BULLETIN

Enter to Worship, Depart to Serve

We invite you to sign the worship registry at the end of each row and pass it on to others in your pew, then pass the book back. 

Our Mission:  "To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world."

WORDS OF WELCOME/ANNOUNCEMENTS

ORGAN PRELUDE

+CALL TO WORSHIP
      Leader:       The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
      People:      And also with you. 
      Leader:       Our help is in the name of the Lord,
      People:      Who made heaven and earth.  

+HYMN            “Majesty, Worship His Majesty”              #176

PRAYER WESLEY COVENANT PRAYER
I am no longer my own, but thine.   Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.  Put me to doing, put me to suffering.  Let me be employed by thee or laid aside for thee, exalted for thee or brought low for thee.   Let me be full, let me be empty.   Let me have all things, let me have nothing.   I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.  And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, though art mine, and I am thine.  So be it.   And the covenant which I have made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven.  Amen.
SPECIAL MUSIC – STEVE MCBRIDE

Time with Young Disciples

HYMN              “He Is Lord”                                           #177

SCRIPTURES
            Romans 8:1-4
            Matthew 16:13-20

MESSAGE

OFFERING
As forgiven and reconciled people, let us offer ourselves and our gifts to God.  

+DOXOLOGY #95
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow; praise him, all creatures here below; praise him above, ye heavenly host; praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.  Amen.

PRAYER OF DEDICATION

+ CLOSING HYMN       “Christ for the World We Sing”     #568

+ SENDING FORTH WITH BLESSING

+ POSTLUDE

(+) Those who are able are invited to stand.        


No comments:

Post a Comment